Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Contract: __________________________
This contract is entered into between __________________________ and _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) on the ___ day of ___________, 2015.
1. _________________________________ will provide Client with Search Engine Optimization Services (hereinafter referred to as “SEO”) as described in this contract. ____________________________ will use specific keywords and/or phrases to improve the search engine ranking of, and/or position the contents of the Client’s website, http://_______________________.
2. The total fee for the SEO services to be provided is $___________ USD. Payment details:
________________________________’s SEO services are intended to serve two main purposes: 1) to provide the Client with increased exposure in search engines, and 2) to drive targeted online traffic to the site.
_________________________________’s SEO Services will inclde (but are not limited to):
• Researching keywords and phrases to select appropriate, relevant search terms (up to ____ phraes).
• Editing and/or optimization of text for various html tags (up to _____ pages).
• Analysis and recommendations on optimal website structure, navigation, code, etc. for best SEO purposes.
• Recommend, as required, additional web pages or content for the purpose of “catching” keyword/phrase searches.
• Create traffic and ranking reports for __________________________ and any associated pages showing rankings in the major search engines.
* Change of scope of the campaign would be considered a new project and would requre new agreement.
3. For the purposes of receiving professional SEO services, Client agrees to provide the following:
• Administrative/backend access to the website for analysis of content and structure.
• Permission to make changes for the purpose of optimization, and to communicate directly with any third parties, e.g., your web designer, if necessary.
• Unlimited access to existing website traffic statistics for analysis and tracking purposes.
• A _________________________ email address for the purposes of requesting links (something like firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Authorization to use client pictures, logos, trademarks, web site images, pamphlets, content, etc., for any use as deemed necessary by ________________________ for search engine optimization purposes.
• If _________________________ is lacking in textual content, the Client will provide additional text content in electronic format for the purpose of creating additional or richer web pages. _________________________ can create site content at additional cost to the Client. If Client is interested in purchasing content from ___________________, please contact ___________________________ for a cost estimate.
4. Client must acknowledge the following with respect to SEO services:
• All fees are non-refundable.
• All fees, services, documents, recommendations, and reports are confidential.
• __________________________ has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. The Client’s website may be excluded from any directory or search engine at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory.
• Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms, and other competitive factors, ____________________________ does not guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword, phrase, or search term. However, if ________________________ fails to increase traffic to the site by ____% after four weeks of services, ___________________________ will continue SEO services at no added cost to the Client until such a percentage is met.
• Google has been known to hinder the rankings of new websites (or pages) until they have proven their viability to exist for more than “x” amount of time. This is referred to as the “Google Sandbox.” _________________________________ assumes no liability for ranking/traffic/indexing issues related to Google Sandbox penalties.
• Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often, the listing will reappear without any additional SEO. Should a listing be dropped during the SEO campaign and does not reappear within 30 days of campaign completion, ____________________________ will re-optimize the website/page based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
• Some search directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. If the Client wishes to engage in said expedited listing services (e.g., paid directories), the Client is responsible for all paid for inclusion or expedited service fees. ______________________________ can offer a list of expedited listing services upon request.
• Linking to “bad neighborhoods” or getting links from “link farms” can seriously damage all SEO efforts. _________________________________ does not assume liability for the Client’s choice to link to or obtain a link from any particular website without prior consultation.
5. ___________________________ is not responsible fr changes made to the website by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the Client’s website.
6. Additional Services not listed herein (such as managing pay-per click campaigns, copywriting, link baiting, etc.) will be provided for a fee of $______ per hour.
7. The Client guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to ________________________ for inclusion on the website above are owned by the Client, or that the Client has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend ____________________________ and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
8. ___________________________ is not responsible for the Client overwriting SEO work to the Client’s site. (e.g., Client/webmaster uploading over work already provided/optimized). The Client will be charged an additional fee for re-constructing content, based on the hourly rate of $______ per hour. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, _____________________________________ obligation to provide free SEO services shall cease in the event the Client’s conduct overwrites the SEO services provided. For example, if the client’s webmaster uploads content without consulting ___________________________, then ______________________________ obligation to provide SEO services for free shall terminate.
9. Venue and Dispute Resolution: Binding Arbitration.
10. This written agreement contains everything agreed to & cannot be altered except in writing, any other prior agreement is replaced.
Client Name: ________________________________________
Client Signature ___________________________________
Company Name: ______________________________________